Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Summer's Coming!

Hola Familia!

So mom and dad, the leadership conference was super good. It was awesome, one because I got to see hna Braithwaite again (my mama). Two, I got to see hna Hoskins for the first time since I left the CCM (my comp in the Mexico City Missionary Training Center). And three, because I learned a lot.

The first half we talked a lot about planning and the importance of doing nightly planning and weekly planning, but not just planning to plan, planning with the spirit. Hna Valle and I have had some very spiritual moments during our planning that we both felt guided to pass by for someone (visit someone).

Then we talked about the new Christmas video that the Church is going to put out and practiced all the different ways we can contact people with the theme "ilumine al mundo" (enlighten the world). Then president spoke about the rules that he’s thinking about changing and we had a council about the pros and cons of changing tal reglas. He is a great man. I can feel the love and worry that he has for all of us. His wife also is amazing. I want to marry a man worthy of being a mission presidente. 

I’m seeing all the emails that you are sending me right now and it breaks my heart, I want to talk to you so badly, but one of the new rules president just made is that we can no longer talk and chat to friends and family on Mondays over email. If someone sends a reply to us, we cannot reply back. I love you guys! Just know that I want to talk so much, I need to talk, I want to hear you, but I testify that sacrifice brings forth blessings. Obedience is the first covenant we make in the temple and as a missionary, one of the ways that I find joy is through obedience. I love you so much, but we´ll be talking back and forth at Christmas. We can no longer have conversations over emails on Mondays... :´( 

We had stake conference this week back in Punta, which meant that I could see all the members from Rio de la Mano (my last area). I love them so much!! They are part of my family. Haha the members here in Fitz Roy don’t feed us nearly as much as los de Rio so I’ve been losing weight!! It’s great haha but funny because hna Elizabet, Marcela and Anto all were every concerned that I "wasn’t eating enough." They took my agenda and all wrote in their numbers and said to call if I ever need food or lunch. Then today, we stopped by where Alejandro works and he gave me a gift. It was a huge bag of noodles and tomato sauce and other fast lunch foods... I love them so much. 

I know this gospel is true. I love serving the Lord. I love being obedient. We taught, along with the zone leaders, a zone meeting. hna Valle and I taught for about 30 minutes about the importance of enjoying your mission and enjoying the work and how to find joy and happiness every day.

How do you enjoy your days? What are you doing every day to become the person the Lord wants you to be? What brings happiness to your life?

I love you all! Have a great week! Continue serving, inviting and loving. Keep helping the missionaries and love strengthen the new converts. All our work is in vain if we don’t have strong members that befriend the converts and help them adapt to their new life. Invite them over for dinner, FHE, love them and teach them.


les amo!

2 of my favorite people here in Punta... hna Elizabet y hno Daniel

the zone after stake conf


las hnas

mi hija

Luis Edwardo our new convert. He got baptised last week

No comments:

Post a Comment