Monday, October 3, 2016

Questions and Answers

 hola familia!

Sooo.... what did you think about conference?? Sooo awesome! We watched it in the stake center in Punta. The Women’s and first session wasn’t working in English so we watched it in Spanish. During the two hour layover, some young men got working on it and we were able to figure it all out so we were able to watch the rest in English. For the last session we had two investigadores come so I watched it in Spanish with them in the Spanish room. It is very interesting.

One of my favorite Bednar talks is about writing on your small plates. He describes how Nephi had two sets of plates and on the large plates he wrote the history of his people (hearing what the speaker says and taking notes of the history of the talk). On the small plates, Nephi wrote about the revelations that he received and the spiritual history of his people (hearing what the Spirit says and taking notes on the personal revelation you receive). During the English sessions that I watched, I fell into the bad habit of writing on my large plates. But during the Spanish session, I was able to receive the encouragement and revelations that I needed to write in my small plates.

Which plates did you write in for conference? If you just have the history of who said what, I encourage you to re-watch it over the course of the week and begin to write in your small plates, thus allowing the spirit help you receive the revelation that you need. If you wrote in your small plates, I applaud you, now use the revelation you received and do it. Change, act. I invite all of you to ACT and REMEMBER. We now have the most recent words of God for the next 6 months. Padre Celestial literally just spoke to us through His anointed servants. Now be like Nephi and go and do. 

Also, I just want all of you to know that I love and sustain President Thomas S. Monson as prophet, seer and revelator. I love and sustain the twelve apostles as prophets, seers and revelators. Jesus Christ is guiding this church through His servant Pres. Monson. I SUSTAIN HIM! How blessed we are to have a living prophet of God. How blessed we are to live in a time were we know WHY we are here WHERE we are going and WHERE we came from. How blessed we are to know that God speaks to His children. 

How do you show gratitude?

I don’t know if you noticed one of the themes of conference... MISSIONARY WORK, sharing loving and testifying. I think that is a great way to show gratitude, by sharing what you have, the words of eternal life, happiness that lasts forever, with your family neighbors, friends, and brothers and sisters. Wherever you are. I promise you that there is someone who needs the Gospel. NOW IS THAT TIME THAT THE MEMBERS AND MISSIONARIES WORK TOGETHER. NOW!!! 

This Wed we have cambios! Hna Cookson has finished her training. It was an absolute pleasure training her. With all the good and bad times, I know I am changing for the better. I am more confident in myself and I love my Savior. 

I am getting transferred to right across the street literally. To the sector that borders Rio de la Mano (my old sector), Fitz Roy. And, I accepted another assignment from president. I’ve been called as Hermana leader with my companion, hna Valle. We have 4 hermanas. Not going to lie, I’m a little nervous, but super excited because now I will also get the opportunity to serve the other hnas and help them reach their potential. I know that God doesn’t call the qualified. He qualifies the called. 



mom, your questions:

1. We met our new mission president last week, Pres and Hna Isom. They are sooo awesome!! I love them and could feel the love that they have for me the moment we met. Haha it was funny because Hna Isom read my name and the first thing she said was, “You have a blog!! When Pres. Isom got interviewed, we started looking for missionaries that were serving there and when we walked out of President Bednar’s office after being set apart, you were the only missionary that we knew existed in our mission.” #thanksmom. (#Thanks Grandma for talking mom into making a blog) They are awesome.

2. We had 6 investigators in conference and they all loved it. Just about all of them said that they went in with a question and left with so many answers. 

3. I’ll send the pics of our investigadores

Hope this will hold you over until next week! I love you all so much! Les quiero.
The Church is true. Oh, and something to ponder:

“Too many of us are active in the church but inactive in the gospel. Are you foolish or wise? Do you have oil for your lamp? Are you prepared for the long dark night, awaiting the Bridegroom? Because He is coming, whether you are prepared or not.”


HURRAH POR ISRAEL 

Nachito. He's Veronica's 6-year-old son

Veronica

I'm gonna miss these guys!
Our zone...The hermana in the burgundy cardigan is my new comp!

Last pic with Presidente Obeso

Last pic with Hermana Obeso

General Conference!

las hermanas

No comments:

Post a Comment