Wednesday, October 12, 2016

So Much Good

My return date: last day in the field June 14, June 15 in the Temple de Santiago, and I think I’ll be home june 16. Exactly 18 months.

Mom told me that June 16 is Kyle’s graduation hahaha guess I’ll have to extend... haha I’m not letting him have any glory... I left on his birthday and now I’m coming home on his graduation!

Hola familia!

haha yeah Chile is fun because we have like 3 holidays every month where all the stores and everything closes down... that’s what happened yesterday...  hahaha

I love you all so much!! And it brings me so much joy to hear your stories of what has passed and what you are learning in your scripture studies and how you are able to share your testimonies with others.

I just want to let you know that I am in the coolest named ward in the world. The Fitz Roy ward. Yeah baby! And I have the best comp ever. She is amazing and a great missionary. We’ve only been together for just under a week and already have witnessed so many Milagros (miracles). The work here is great, just like in Rio de la Mano. The area is a little poorer than Rio de la Mano. I love it. The people are so humble.



We are teaching a huge familia of 8 brothers and a sister ages 19 to 35 from Colombia Buenaventura. Haha I feel like I am in an episode of the t.v. show "Good Times." Literally. Hahaha it’s the best. I’ll send a pic next week. They are all progressing slowly because we teach them all together and someone makes a joke and then the lesson is lost. Also, most of them don’t know how to read or they read very slowly.

We have decided that we are going to start teaching them individually because they all have different doubts and needs. They make me laugh... ahhh I love big families like that. You can just feel the love they have for each other.

I admire so much the Colombians here. They are amazing people. All of them have their girlfriends and kids in Colombia and are working here to send money to them to support them. Next week I’ll tell you more about the family. I love and respect all of the Colombians here in Punta. They have sacrificed so much. They are such amazing people. 

Something funny... we were teaching Luis Edwardo, who is getting baptized this Saturday, the Word of Wisdom and read the part that says that we should avoid all types of things that cause addiction. He got all serious and asked very hesitantly, “What’s the church’s standpoint on video games?” Hahahahahaha we assured him that he can still play, just moderation in all things. haha

Also, we knocked on a door and a woman let us in. We shared a small thought with her and then she began to tell us that we were blind and misguided and began to laugh at us. She said some very insulting things to us. I have never felt such power to stand up with my comp and testify that I do know that Jose Smith was a prophet and God does speak to men today and that la Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de Los Ultimos Dias es el reino de Dios en la tierra (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the kingdom of God on the earth). The spirit was so strong. We felt like Alma and Amulek with Zeezrom (Alma 10-13). It was awesome.

Next P day I’ll be writing late on Tuesday because we have to fly to Osorno for a leader’s conference. Kind of lame that I’ll be spending a P day on a plane, but awesome because I’ll be able to see hna Braithwaite again for the last time in the mission! This is her last transfer.

Love you all!!

Hope all is well, hope of Israel!


¡hurrah por Israel!

Una cosita mas...just want to tell you how much I love being a missionary!!! I am soo happy and full. I love this Gospel. I love my Savior. I love my mission. It is the best decision EVER!!!

Miguel- we found him while he was working in his auto shop. He has a bap date for 22 de octubre. He is awesome and loves reading the Book of Mormon. The first chapter he ever read was Alma 32 and when we asked him what he thought of the chapter, he said, "It's true. It's all true." 

Alejandro y Anto. #coupleoftheyear


No comments:

Post a Comment