Monday, May 8, 2017

third time's a charm

hola familia! 

KYLE I AM DYING TO KNOW WHERE YOU ARE GOING!!! AND NOW I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL SUNDAY?? but at least you will be able to read it to me over skype! I guess Mexico or Chile, Santiago or Osorno!!

Sooo we had cambios last week and I began my last cambio as a full time missionary here in Chile. I am still here in Osorno... my companion, hna Ribeiro got transfered to Villarrica waaaay up north about 4 hours.



I have the blessing of training again! I was really nervous and unsure about finishing my mission training a new missionary. I was hoping to get a companion that already knew the language and how to teach and was ready to go go go. Throughout last week, I had really mixed emotions. Sometimes I would be excited and other times I would be downright angry and disappointed. But I testify that Padre Celestial knows what’s best for us way more than what we think we know is best.

I had an experience last week where I was really upset, frustrated and sad that I would be ending soon. I started praying and asking for help. The scripture from Alma 26:27 came to my mind "...sufrid con paciencia vuestras affliccions y os daré el exito" (“Now when our hearts were depressed and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success.”)

A gentle reprimand followed, "¿No confias en mí?"  (“Don’t you trust me?”)

There were times during the week that yes, I trusted Him. Then there were times where I let my imagination, fear and Satan get into my head and all my hope and happiness would leave.

I learned a great lesson this past week about trusting the Lord “with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding.” He knows us so well. He knows what we need and who can be the means for helping us achieve our potencial. I love Padre Celestial.

My third hijita (third time’s a charm) is amazing! Her name is Hermana Query and she is from Highland, Utah. Her mom is from Honduras but she (hna Query) doesn’t speak a lot of Spanish yet. She is amazing. She came so prepared with the best attitude!

We went knocking doors the first day and I taught her some ways to contact people. I then asked her if she felt like she was ready to knock a house. She looked at me and said, “Well I don’t really have a choice!” hahaha I love her.

She is so spunky and even though she is nervous, she tries her best to talk with everyone and testify of Christ. She is a powerful missionary. I love her so much and am so grateful that she is my last comp! She is so fun to be with! I am so blessed to be with her and have her be my last companion. We are going to see so many miracles together. 

This Wednesday we are FINALLY moving to a new house. This is the first and only time that I have moved houses on the mission. It’s stinky but at least we will be in a better functioning house! 



Last week an elder called me from the neighboring zone and asked if I knew how to read music. I said yes and he said, “Perfect! We are doing a concert on Sunday” (he called friday night) “and our pianist just told us that there was a family emergency and he can’t play. Would you be able to come and play? We are going to have a practice tomorrow and Sunday right before. Can you do it??”

I said sure because why not? The music can’t be that hard, right? And he made it sound like it was just one or two songs that I would be playing.

Wrong and wrong.

I had to play 7 songs of 10 and the songs varied between 3 and 5 sharps or flats.

And all 7 songs were accompanied by the violin.

And there was one song that was accompanied by violin and vocoles (vocals).

I was soooooo nervous. We practiced and practiced. Not one time were we able to play all the songs through without me stopping.

The elder told me, “You’ll be fine, just be calm. It is a small little concert with some members and investigators”.

We got there and they filled the sacrament room. About 14 missionaries were there with Presidente Isom and Hna Isom and many members and investigatores. I was really nervous. 

Especially for one song that was a medley accompanied with violin.

We had never played it through all the way one time.

It changed keys 3 times and was about 6 pages long.

I was praying real hard that Padre Celestial would bless my hands and fingers, eyes and brain so that I could think smoothly and play smoothly, especially that song.

It was a complete miracle. It sounded soooo goood! I never got lost on the piece and made very few errors. It literally was a miracle.

Hna McArthur videoed the whole concert. On Sunday I’ll have her email it to you guys. It was so much fun playing and I was also able to relieve much of my stress. I know that Padre Celestial is aware of all of us and He wants us to succeed. He wants us to be happy and He will help us with everything we need, even help with playing the piano.

les amo muchisimo y espero verles el domingo a todos que puedan! Sé que este evangelio es verdad. Amo a mi Salvador y Padre Celestial. Sé que existan y nos aman con tanto amor. Amo a mi mision. Es lo mejor decision que he tomado en mi vida. estoy muy triste que esta acabando. no quiero dejar Chile ni mi familia ni mis amigos verdaderos aqui. les testifico que la iglesia de Jesuchristo do los Santos de los Ultimos dias es la iglesia verdadera y unica en la tierra. les amo!!!! disfruten esta semana y comparten sus testimonios y sonrisas con todo el mundo. lo necesita mucho.


(I love you very much and I hope to see you all on Sunday! I know this Gospel is true. I love my Savior and Heavenly Father. I know they exist and they love us with so much love. I love my mission. It’s the best decision I’ve ever made. I’m very sad that it’s ending. I do not want to leave Chile or my family or my real friends here. I testify to you that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the one true church on earth. I love you all! Enjoy this week and share your testimonies and smiles with everyone. He needs it very much.)


No comments:

Post a Comment