Monday, May 22, 2017

IT IS COLD!

hola familia!

How are you guys doing? Hopefully you are nice and warm, enjoying every moment of sun. It is sooooo cold here!!! I woke up this morning and it was 8 degrees Celsius (46 degrees Fahrenheit) in our house. It’s been raining a lot too and windy. Haha we can see our breath when we are studying. I’m so glad I have a sleeping bag! 

This week passed by really fast... on Tuesday we had entercambios with the hermana leaders. It was interesting... it POURED for the whole day.  By 7 we were soaked to the bone. No one wanted to let us in... nothing new but we were trying to keep a positive attitude through it all.

I’m so cold!!!!

The next night, we were out knocking doors and a dog ran across the street charging at us and totally got plowed by a car. It was pretty traumatizing.

Then the next day we were knocking doors again and another dog came out through a gate and almost took off my arm. Fun, fun, fun here in Osorno. 

These past few weeks have been really hard trying to find new people. Everyone is always "so busy." We were only able to have 3 lessons this past week. Not going to lie, I’ve been kind of struggling with this. It would be one thing if I knew I was getting transferred to another sector, but no.

I never really imaged how my last transfer would be, but I was hoping I could end teaching a lot and having many spiritual experiences inviting many to come unto Christ and seeing at least one baptism in this sector.

It was difficult at first to accept the fact that I am still here in Centro and that this is how I will be ending. Working hard.

I have come the realization that everything happens for a reason. I don’t know why Padre Celestial wants me to finish here, like this, but I now feel somewhat at peace about it.

We were talking last night, me and my comp, and I was telling her that yes, I was sad that I would end here for the reasons that I just mentioned. I told her that not all the sectors are like this—that there are a lot more friendly people in other sectors and that there are many people the the Lord is preparing. While I was talking, I felt a feeling of satisfaccion and acceptance. So be it. Iré y haré lo que manda el Señor. (I will go and do what the Lord says).

I am learning a lot about accepting the Lord’s timing and the importance of diligence and perseverance in all that I’ve done. I probably won’t be able to see the fruits of my labors here, but I know that somewhere, sometime down the line, more missionaries will, and I will be so happy to see and hear of the miracles they were able to see.

I know that this Gospel is true. I know that God lives and that He loves us. I love the Book of Mormon. It is an amazing book and has helped me soooo much. READ IT!!!! EVERY DAY!

tengan una linda semana! les amo muchisimo! (Have a nice week! I love you very much!)


No comments:

Post a Comment