Monday, August 8, 2016

Scripture Power

Hola Familia!
Can I just tell you how much patience Padre Celestial has for us! I am so imperfect. I have so many faults. I am so weak and yet He trusts me to carry forth His work and help Him bring souls back into His reino (kingdom). It’s like the scripture in Ether 12:27, 

“If men come unto me I will show unto them their weaknesses. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble and if they humble themselves, I will make weak things become strong.” 

This week was really hard and stressful. Our investigadores with fech (baptism date) for the next week had a few problems come up and we pushed the date to the 20 of agosto. When we were at their house and talking to them, we were asking them some questions and Marta, the mom, told us that she had received an answer to her prayers and cannot deny it. She knows that the only thing now that she needs to do is be baptized and prepare to go to the temple. When she said that, I felt so happy and again (as it happens every day), the Spirit confirmed to me that this church is true, that lives can change, hearts can be softened.

"How great shall be your joy if you bring one soul unto me" (Doctrine and Covenants 18:10-15)

I love the scriptures!! Yesterday was really difficult with ward problems, investigator problems and the stress of training and I exploded into tears during our ward council. Afterward, one of the best family friends that we have here in the ward told me to read Alma 26. I testify of the truth of that chapter. Sometimes we work and work and work and will never see the fruits of our labors. But God knows and we can never rejoice too much in Him. He will never give us what we cannot handle.

Right when I felt that I just wanted a hug from Dad and to talk to Mom, one of our other investigadores, Alejandro, who is soooo good, passed by us in his car honking and smiling, on his way to the church. I’ll tell you more about him next week, but he is golden!!! God will give us exactly what we need. He is so kind, truly our loving Father. 

The scriptures and the Book of Mormon!! Literally I love reading them and finding new ways to strengthen myself, my hope and teachings. READ YOUR SCRIPTURES, ponder them. For truly they are the words of eternal life.

Oh and thank the Carliles for their card! It was just what I needed this week!

haha remember when we were little and we would ask why wasn’t there a kid’s day if there was a Mother’s day and Father’s day?? Well we’ve all be living in a lie. Yesterday 7 de agosto is el día del niño. Hahaha! I feel 19 years ripped off :)

Love you all!! Hope everything is great! Kyle, Jake, write to me! Thanks Joey for your emails! Be safe and remember:

Serve God
Family first
Be kind
Tell the truth
Be adventurous!!!

¡¡¡hurrah por israel!!!


Love you lots!!! Miss talking with you but I wouldn’t change this for the world!
From the run last week


Gearing up for the storm!


No comments:

Post a Comment