Sunday, May 1, 2016

Cambios (Transfers)


 ola familia!
 This week has probably one of the toughest weeks here in Chile. My new comp is Hermana Melendez from San Antonio.... Chile! She’s really quiet but has such a strong testimony and loves to work. I am so blessed to have her as a comp. She’s awesome. I don’t have much time so I want to share an experience that I had this week. Bueno (well), before I met my comp, I was waiting in the terminal with other missionaries and we were talking. A few of the sisters, when they heard who my comp was going to be told me that I can do hard things and I just need to pray for her and pray for love and have patience and everything will be fine. They shared some other things that left me with a bad impression of her.... before I even knew her. I was really worried and all, but after talking with her over the past week, I have come to learn that she and her last comp had a lot of problems and there were problems with her family as well. She said she was angry all the time and didn’t get along with anyone (thus the impression of the other missionaries).

At first I felt so alone because she doesn't speak English and I became the senior comp until she knows the areas and everyone. The first couple days were rough, adapting to a new comp and teaching and the language 24/7, but she told me yesterday that she has never been happier. Honestly I have never been happier either. I'm learning so much about myself an I have never relied so much on Heavenly Father before. He is always there.

And I can feel the difference too from when we first met. Hermana Melendez is awesome. All she wants to do is work and testify. And that is all I want to do as well. 

We never know what other people are going through. Life is already hard. We don’t need to make it harder by judging others. We never know what the other person is going through. We have no right to judge. Everyone is just trying to do their best with what they know.

We speak Chileano all the time jaja not Spanish, but it is great. I can communicate sooo much better and understand as well. It is sunny today but has been raining the past couple of days. There is snow on the hills!!! Unfortunately it only rains snow melt here, it's barely not cold enough for snow. I prefer snow over rain as well.

It would be nice if the weather humbled the people like it's humbled us! But nope, it's an excuse why people can't go to church--because it is raining. And there is no such thing as heaters. Only fire, so the chapel is always freezing.

I had a flea in my socks last night so my feet are torn up... 

 Man, sooo much has happened. Remind me to tell you about Domingo 24 - 4 when we skype because God was truly walking beside us yesterday and guiding our path. Igual (same) with what happened at Hermano Telmos’ house. Those are two stories muy (very) personal that I want to tell you guys face to face. 
I love you all so much and miss you like crazy!  Keep fight the good fight! Hurrah for Israel!

No comments:

Post a Comment