Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Changes...For the Better?

Hola familia!


First things first, happy birthday JOEY!! te quiero mucho y ojala que haces algo divertido hoy para celebrar. (I love you and I hope you do something fun today to celebrate).

It’s interesting... I always heard, and always expected that I would be changed on the misión. I anticipated some changes, but one thing that I NEVER counted on has happened... hopefully you guys can forgive me and accept the new me when I come home. Before the misión, I hated cats. They were the spawn of the devil, just ask Kim. Now, I am all for cats. Cats are amazing. I love cats. Cats don’t jump on you and try to bite your ear. Cats don’t try to eat you alive.

Backstory:  Sunday afternoon... Hermana Braithwaite and I are knocking doors on a hot, dusty dirt road about 2.5 miles from Futrono in a little part of our sector called Cuncun. I rattled a fence and yelled a lot. All of the sudden we hear growls from the neighbor fence and out dart 5 médium sized dogs snarling and barking. They charge straight towards us, teeth bearing. Quickly, we pick up rocks (I’m a pro at this now) which usually scares off the dogs... not these dogs. They only advanced more. Hna Braithwaite then pushed me behind her and began screaming at the dogs. One of them got ready to pounce and as it did, she kicked it in the face. I wish I had my camera... and we started walking towards them yelling. The dogs finally ran off.

But, it is amazing, the Lord works in mysterious ways. We decided we weren’t going to finish down that street and headed up another road we would have never gone up had the dogs not attacked us. We were half way up the street when they came charging again. But we were far enough ahead to be able to pick up rocks and pelt them with the rocks. We kept walking and knocked on another house and guess what!! WE FOUND A FAMILY! Yes, we only taught them once, but still! They were all there, let us in, participated in the lesson, asked questions, and wanted a Book of Mormon to read! We are going back to teach them on Wednesday. The spirit was so strong in the lesson and we could tell that they felt the spirit as well. I’m so happy!!

 I’m spending money buying warm jackets and stuff to make invitations to come to church and other activities that we are trying to have, so people will remember to come and when and where.

haha i need a cookbook! Everyone makes fun of me because I don’t know how to cook. They say it’s a good thing I’m white because if not, I would never get married...

We get an Ensign, don’t worry about sending me a conference issue, but thanks! I think we get to see General Conference live but idk... I still haven’t seen the Women’s Conference. We were going to watch it Sunday, but didn’t have internet...

Can you also tell sister Farrell thank you for her letter! I love the little notes and if she wants more ideas for finding and helping people, look in preach my góspel. There’s lots!

Hope you all are safe and sound. I am! ¡les quiero mucho! ¡tenga una buena semana!

I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!! I MISS YOU SO MUCH!!! HAVE A GREAT WEEK AND SEA FIEL EN LA VERDAD! (BE FAITHFUL IN THE TRUTH!)


TIL NEXT WEEK, MY FAN CLUB

2 comments:

  1. ¡Ándale! Quick buen trabajo. Tell extrapolate much mi manita. Que Dios te guarda. Abrazos

    ReplyDelete
  2. ¡Ándale! Quick buen trabajo. Tell extrapolate much mi manita. Que Dios te guarda. Abrazos

    ReplyDelete