Friday, April 8, 2016

conferencia general, angeles, y lluvia (General Conference, angels and rain)


¡Familia!

les quiero tanto! (I love you so much!)

We have two investigators who are waiting on their baptism. Their dad is really sick and is going to die soon and they are too preoccupied with that to really think or pray about anything else so... we are still working with them but now isn’t the right time for them.

We have an appointment this week to teach the family I told you about last week. The one with the attacking dogs…

Can I just say, conference weekend is my favorite holiday? We weren’t able to watch it all because the internet is really bad. AND IT CUT OUT RIGHT AS ELDER HOLLAND BEGAN TO SPEAK!! Que fome! (Chilean slang meaning “what dumb!”)

But we downloaded conference onto a pen drive and are going to listen to it later.

Pero bueno (But good)... I learned so many things this conference and have a renewed animo (good spirits)  for the Lord’s work and renewed confidence in myself and what I can accomplish if I put all my trust, troubles, and doubt on the Lord. Here are just a few liners that I loved. Click on the person’s name to see the entire talk.

President Uchtdorf= we were designed to become. Those sheep that wander, those precious sons and daughters of God that fall, they are worthy of His help and love, simply because they are His.

Mervin B. Arnold = GO TO THE RESCUE. Don’t wait, just go. There are people that need your help now. There are souls that only you can touch. Go out, find them, help them, love them. They are in your neighborhoods. They are your old friends. They are your family.

Bonnie L. Oscarson=You are already at the tree. KEEP FEASTING! I feel like this is me now, seriously!! The scriptures have so much power. Study them. Pray for guidance and help. They are the way to happiness.

Cheryl A. Esplin= throw away the mirrors and look through the windows.

Neil L. Anderson= he talked about leaders, and just a shout out to all my amazing Sunday School, Seminary, Primary and YW leaders!! You guys are amazing. Thank you so much for all your help, advice and guidance in my life. I love you guys so much. Keep doing what you are doing. You are my heroes and part of the reason why I am here on a mission. 

yep... the perfect present. I love conference! hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did. 

Now we have 6 months to use these talks, study them, and receive more guidance, revelation and help from God and from our trusted leaders. I sustain President Thomas S. Monson as prophet, seer and revelator of our church. I sustain all the men and women in the church. I know they are called of God and worthy of their callings.



les quiero mucho! Review and relisten to all the talks throughout the next 6 months! Disfrutalos! (Enjoy it!)





No comments:

Post a Comment