Monday, April 24, 2017

the itsy bitsy spider went up the water spout...

hola familia! 
¿como estaispo? Just a brief hint on the title, there are millions of spiders here in Osorno! They aren’t too harmful, just leave a little bite that itches for a day. But it’s like the huge spider in Harry Potter that gave birth to all those little spiders. And all the little spiders are trying to find a home and a job.

I can’t tell you how many times I’m walking and I look at my arm and there is a spider or I scratch my head and there is a dead spider now under my nails. They all are flying on their webs, being blown by the wind. We walk into webs all the time or they are blown into us. It’s great.... 

Another funny memory... Red Hot Jesus? hahahaha remember that game? We were walking to church on Sunday. It just popped into my head and totally made my day. I started laughing out loud and my comp looked at me as if I were nuts. 

There is an old man that is sitting at a table across from me and he keeps looking at me. I looked at him and he winked at me very sexily. (…As sexy as an old man can wink.) It’s sad that I’m so used to that now that it doesn’t even affect me. haha he looks just like Stan Lee... maybe I should wink sexily back at him... I might get asked to be in the next Marvel movie.... 

ay ay ay..... I think all of you are familiar with the poem of the footprints where a guy is walking on the sand and he sees two sets of footprints and the Lord says that He was always walking by him and when the guy says that in the hardest part of his life he only sees one pair of footprints and the Lord says that that is when He (the Lord) held him. When I look back on this week and this cambio, I think, no I know, that I will only see one set of footprints.

The Holy Ghost can heal whichever hurt, frustration, pain or wound that we physically, spiritually, mentally or emotionally have. It is truly amazing. I hope that all of you at some point in your life have felt or will feel the calming, loving, soothing power that only the Savior can offer.

Not much to report on this week. I’m trying to keep a positive attitude, without entering into the mentality of “it’s almost cambios, just hold on until cambios.”

We had the privileged opportunity to have an FHE (Family Home Evening) with presidente Isom and his wife, us and one of our investigadoras.

I love the mission house. It literally feels like the temple there. The spirit is so calming and renewing inside. I want my future house to feel like that. We had the FHE on a night where I felt that I could not give anymore. I could not do this anymore. And for many circumstances, I did not want to do it anymore.

Just by walking into the house, I immediately felt at peace. All my troubles fears, anger, frustration and pains went away and I felt a calm embrace of peace, encouragement, love, support and an "everything will be all right."

We got to the house about 30 minutes early to ask for a blessing from President. I know that I have said this before, but I know and testify that he is a man called of God. I love and sustain him as my mission president. He feels like my grandpa. The moment that he placed his hands on my head, I felt a reassuring strength.

In the blessing he blessed me that I could have the strength the keep fighting that I could find joy in the work and that I will be able to know what I need to do. I am so grateful for my misison presidente and for the priesthood that he holds. I am so grateful to live in a time when we have the plentitude of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I love my Savior and I am forever grateful for the strength that He continually gives me. 

Satan is very good at what he does. And like the scriptures says, he wishes and fights that every man might be miserable like unto himself. I’ve heard that everyone in their mission passes through their own "Garden of Gethsemane" on the mission. That is not to say that’s how I feel, and what has happened is anything close to what the Savior went through. But, this cambio has knocked me to my knees almost every day. It’s a good thing the Lord has asked us to pray on our knees! I think I now understand why.

It is also very interesting to see how the Lord has prepared me for this through all my other companions and sectors. Truly the Lord will never give us more that we can handle. Sometimes I wish I just wasn’t as strong.

For various reasons this has been the hardest cambio for me. Many reasons... but I am grateful for the strength that I have received and the miracles that I have witnessed. I have never had to work so hard to be happy, be obediente, see miracles, feel the spirit and enjoy the mission.

But also I have never had an experience so marvelous as to feel the Savior carrying me, literally reaching out and pulling me up from the dirt and helping me along step by step. Step by step. Brick by brick. Knock by knock, Soul by soul. Building up Sión in South Chile, preparing the way for the second coming of my Savior. Shouting the voice of warning to all who will hear.

I know that this gospel is true I know that Padre Celestial lives and He loves us so much. Every trial is worth the pain. Every cost is worth the sacrifice to know Him personally. I love Him and I know that He loves me.

I hope you have a great week and Alaina!! I hope you feel better!!! You can do this!   

ten couraje sé fuerte sé de gran corazon (I know you are strong)
kia toa kia kaha kia manawanui

HURRAH POR ISRAEL

No comments:

Post a Comment