Monday, March 6, 2017

the miracle of hard work and forgiveness

hola familia!!!

Question of the week:
How can one get rid of fleas in a sleeping bag if they are inside where the feathers are?

This week was a bit painful... I got really sick with a head cold and an achey body, and then my comp got sick with a sinus infection and a really bad headache. But there is magic in working while you are sick. We left every day this week because we actually felt sicker in the house. It’s one of Padre Celestial`s blessings we think.

In the house we feel horrible. Everything ached. My nose was red and was like Niagara Falls. We decided that we were going to leave for a little bit and then if we felt worse we would come back. Once we started going we felt a little bit better. Then a miracle happened. We were able to go into a house and teach about the Plan of Salvation. The more we talked and testified, the less sick we felt! We ended the lesson and went outside and offered a prayer of thankfulness because we felt a lot better.

We were able to work for the whole week. haha But every night was also painful. We would get back to the house and all the achiness and head ache, nose running would come back. I love witnessing and feeling miracles. What miracles have you seen this week?

This week we also had conference with President. It was really awesome. We (as hna leaders) also had to teach and talk in the conference. We talked about the importance of remembering why we are here and how we can have fun and enjoy the mission during hard times.

Then Presidente talked a lot about one of the covenants that we make in the temple of no talking bad about the Lord’s annointed. He said that this problem is keeping us from being a consecrated mission. We have no right to talk bad about others because we too are imperfect. Many times we tend to judge others without knowing why they do something or without seeing it from their point of view. I try to always remember that in their mind, it makes sense.

Also, we don’t see the repentance process of other people. Just remember, the words that we use to judge others will be the same words used to judge us! Right after the conference we had interviews. I love my mission presidente. He is a man inspired and called of God.

A few days after the conference, the same hurtful thing that happened in Punta Arenas happened again... with the same hermana.

This week I have been putting into practice the Godly virtues of forgiveness and mercy. I have a deeper understanding now of the justice/mercy side of the Atonement and I am so grateful that Padre Celestial is letting me go through this again to more fully understand the Atonement and New Law that Christ established when He visited the Americas:
"And now it came to pass that when Jesus had spoken these words he turned again to the multitude, and did open his mouth unto them again, saying: Verily, verily, I say unto you, Judge not that ye be not judged.
For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged; and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again." (3 Nephi 14: 1-2) 

Let us all speak a little more kinder, uplift the trodden down and tose that are hard to love. We cannot see the repentance process of others so it is best to give them the benefit of the doubt. 

It is perfect because I am studying right now in 3 Nephi and that is all Christ talks about. You should read these chapters. They are so enlighening and I have come to know Christ and recognize His voice more from reading His words.

I love this gospel and I love my mission. It is the best choice have ever made! and LES AMO TANTISIMO!


DISFRUTEN ESTA SEMANA!

I love Puerto Montt!!! it reminds me a lot of Laguna Beach

#dream team

soaking up the sun


we went to a history museo of puerto montt

they call me mozarto

the Pope Juan Paublo the Second sat here 50 years ago 

shout out to grandma hess!

free the mapuche!

JOEY! I caught an elefante!

No comments:

Post a Comment