Tuesday, July 5, 2016

CHI CHI CHI LE LE LE VIVE CHILE

hola familia!

Guess who won the Copa America (American Cup)??? CHI CHI CHI LE LE LE VIVE CHILE!!! Hahah I’ve never been a fútbol (soccer) fan, but know.... it’s the only thing that anyone ever talks about. The USA team is pretty bad... Argentina y Colombia both wiped us clean.

Last night was the finals between Chile and Argentina. They are arch rivals. The game began at 8 pm. We work until 9:30. Hahaha we knocked sooo many doors and nobody answered. We were the only people outside. It was kind of creepy. Haha we could hear the whole game. Everyone had their tv’s super loud and would shout if they got a goal or yell at the ref if something bad happened.

At 10 pm, just about everyone in Punta Arenas ran outside to celebrate the win. I wanted to go outside to see everyone but we weren’t allowed to leave for safety. It sounded really cool! There was lots of music in the street, cars were honking and celebrating, people were yelling and cheering.

CHI CHI CHI LE LE LE

Celebrating the Win!

Our botanical garden


This week.... was really hard…

Problems with comp and we are now dealing with a different problem due to my comp’s lack of understanding that YOU STAY WITH YOUR COMP AT ALL TIMES. And it’s not just sight. It is SIGHT AND SOUND. We had an issue with a member in the ward and it was messy. On top of that, an investigator that we had began asking me if I could come visit him alone without my comp.... and another investigator, he was walking us to his gate and he casually put his arm around me. I just about punched him in the face. Of course my comp didn’t see because she was already a good 10 feet in front of me. I am so angry. I’ve tried talking to her about it, that if I am talking to someone, ESPECIALLY AN HOMBRE, she can’t just walk away or walk ahead of us!! Then the next morning, we were in a taxi and the 59 year old taxi driver asked if I had a boyfriend. Because if not, he’s looking to get married and can make me happy...

But yeah... that’s been my week. God’s probably sick and tired of my prayers for help and pleas for patience...

Oh, I donated blood for the first time on Wednesday. Almost passed out. It was for a service project for the zona. The next day both my comp and I got super sick. It gave me a good opportunity to serve her which I think helped a lot. We were able to have a good heart to heart igual (same) on Sunday and I can know say I’ve walked a few feet in her shoes. I understand her a little bit better, and I have a new respect for her. I think we would be friends if we knew each other outside of the mission. Unfortunately with respect to the mission and our goals and point of view on missionary work, we don’t see eye to eye. 

Today we visited a museum of ships modeled after Magellan. It was soo cool!!! Dude after the mish, when we come back here you guys are going to love it!!! It is sooo cool!!! 

Hope you have a great week!!! "When upon life’s billows you are tempest-tossed, when you are discouraged thinking all is lost, count your many blessings name them one by one, and it will surprise you what the Lord has done..."

Easier said than done, but it helps!


Les quiero mucho!!!

los barcos...pirates of the caribbean aaallll the waaay







No comments:

Post a Comment