Thursday, January 14, 2016

Another Letter to my Brothers

Kyle, Jake and Joey,

I mailed you guys a letter because there was more I wanted to tell you about but ran out of time. Then I realized that you probably won't get it until next month so I'll just type it out to you:


The world is a scary place. I am only telling you this because my "investigator" is my maestra  (teacher) pretending to be a non-Mormon. We teach her as if she was a real person dealing with these problems:

One of my investigators, we found out, is in a very similar situation to Fantine in Les Miserables. My companion and I are expected to know what she needs to hear and what gospel doctrines we can teach her to help her out. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO KNOW HOW TO RECEIVE REVELATION FOR SOMEONE ELSE WHEN YOU ARE A MISSIONARY IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO RECEIVE REVELATION FOR YOUSELF. Read Preach My Gospel Section 4. 

It breaks my heart to hear her feelings of hate for herself and feelings of unworthiness. She feels much like Alma the Younger in the Book of Mormon. We are so blessed to have this gospel to guide us. I think that's why I've felt so stressed these past couple of weeks. I want to help and share scriptures, I just don't have all the words or familiarity with reading Spanish in the scriptures to find them fast enough...

Sin embargo (however), the Lord will not leave you comfortless. 

I went to the temple last week with a prayer for comfort. It wasn't until later that night that I felt Heavenly Father's arms wrap around me and pull me up. Be patient with the Lord. He knows how much you can handle. I heard no voice, I felt no overwhelming Spirit, I just felt like I could hold my head a little higher because Soy misionera por la iglesia de Jesuchristo de los últimos días (I am a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints). Dios es mi luz (God is my light). El es mi Eterno Padre (He is my Eternal Father). Me conoce y quiere me ayuda (He will love and help me). I can go another day. Go will not leave us. He is constantly there on our right and left bearing us up and catching us when we fall.

Yes, we are given the gift of the Holy Ghost when we are baptized BUT in every prayer (and you should be praying more than 3 times a day) ask and beg the Lord to bless you with His Espíritu Santo (Holy Spirit). You will be more cognizant of your actions and will want to be better. 

Also I would LOVE it if every Sunday (or whenever), you would email me with 5 or 6 pictures of what you did that week and a little description of it!

I want to see your faces!!

I love you so much and am honored to be your sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment