Monday, January 30, 2017

Mixed Emotions

hola familia!
espero que tuviesen una semana de gozo y alegria :) (I hope you had a week of happiness and joy)

 Last Wednesday, we had a worldwide missionary conference with some of the apostles. The First Presidency has made a few changes to the horario (schedule). We now get to choose when we are going to have comp study and instead of planning in the night we plan in the morning. That way if we need it, we can go to sleep a little bit earlier. We also get to start P day a bit earlier. That way we can finish all we need to do. Honestly, P day is the most stressful day of the week... as well as Sunday.

We are so blessed. I decided to watch the conference in Spanish instead of en ingles. Haha it was awesome. It was me and all the Latinos of the zone. I experienced this last general conf when I watched it in Spanish as well instead of English.

There is something that is missing when you see a general authority but you hear another voice. We are so blessed to be able to hear and listen and understand the prophet and the apostles. It’s just not the same when there is a voice-over. Many of the Latinos want to learn English so they too can listen to the profeta and hear HIS voice. 

The next day the hnas from Cohyique came to stay at our house. All of the mission gathered in Puerto Montt because ELDER STEVENSON, one of the new apostles came to talk to us. It was AWESOME!!!! We got to shake his hand and I testify that he is a man called of God.

He talked about the theme of this year as a worldwide missionary force, “Teach repentance and baptize converts.” It was good. Then at the end he bore his apostalic witness of Christ. IT WAS SOOO POWERFUL. The spirit bore witness to me again, that he really is a man called of God to help further the work.

One thing that I like that he said was that we need to MOVE the work, not just DO the work. As member missionaries, think about that. What are you doing to MOVE the work? Just doing it, just being a member is not good enough. We need to act. We need to work. We need to MOVE.

It was also awesome because afterwards we all ate lunch as a mission. All 180 of us. There are so many people that I don’t know... I was able to see mija hna Cookson again for the first time in 3 cambios. She’s awesome. Still in Rio de la Mano... she told me that Marta is now 2nd counselor in the Relief Society and is teaching lessons!!!! And that Dennis is coming to church again, this time on his own and Korin as well! I thought their baptism was neat, but there is no greater joy than to hear that they are still active, WITH CALLINGS!!!! That made me soooooo happy. And one of the hnas from Fitz Roy also told me that Libardo is attending and is preparing for the priesthood and that Luis Eduardo is preparing to go on a MISSION!!!! Also Cristina from Futrono sent me a letter and wrote that she too is preparing to go to the temple in 6 months to be sealed to her parents!!!!!!!!

I thought it was cool to see all these people progress and be baptized, but nothing beats the joy that I feel to hear that they are still progressing. They are keeping the fire alive by doing the small things. They are fighting for eternal life. Man, I am so happy. I hope to feel the same joy when I come home and reconnect with the ward and old member friends.  I feel like Alma when he found himself with the sons of Mosiah after 14 years and that he was so happy because they were still brothers in the Lord.

I’m going to have to work the moment I get home because I promised all my friends here that I will be with them as they go through the temple for the first time. The mission is the best thing ever. It was also awesome to see hna Valle again. She finishes this cambio with hna Cordoba, in 9 days.... crazy... she is one of my favorite comps. Mom, I want to room with her in BYU-I.

Man, I wish I could just bottle up some joy and send it to you guys. The scriptures are so true because they are real! I am so glad I still have time on the mission. hna Cordoba is really sad to leave. It’s hard... it’s really hard. I never want to leave. 

Something profound that our ward mission leader said "pidimos por ayuda de rodillas. recibimos ayuda de pie" (we ask for help on our knees. we receive help on our feet). Today is the the day! The tank is clean! The tank is clean!? Jake, name that movie. Haha but seriously. Today’s the day now’s the time, who’s on the Lords side who?  NOW is the time to show! I am so grateful for the gospel in my life. I am so grateful for my mission. I have truly opened my eyes. I am so blessed.

We are so safe in the states. It’s hard when your mission life is safe and better than your real life back home. For me a mission was a step down in living circumstances. For many it is a step up. We are so blessed.

I know that Christ lives. He is my Savior y yo lo seguire. Amo este evangelio. Amo las escrituras. Amo la mision. El secreto de la felicidad es obediencia a los mandamientos de Padre Celestial. Testifico que el es nuestro Padre y nos ama. (I will follow Him. I love this gospel. I love the scriptures. I love the mission. The secret to happiness is obedience to Heavenly Father's commandments. I testify that He is our Father and He loves us.)

les amo mucho. SONRIEN DISFRUTEN ESTE TIEMPO (ENJOY THIS TIME) and serve everyone you see. 

i love you!


We went to a museo

It was really hot so we bought a watermelon for dinner

I LOVE MY MISSION!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment