Thursday, February 25, 2016

Blessings and Trials

I LOVE my companion! She's the best comp ever! Literally. I am so blessed to have Hermana Braithwaite as my trainer. She wants to work and loves working hard and for the full hours.


I'm in Valdivia today. We need to buy rain boots...winter is coming. Haha, it literally rains sideways here...


This week has been amazing! We are going to have 2 baptisms and I am feeling more confident with the language. Paso a paso (step by step). I can feel your prayers!


This week, the Hermana leaders came for intercambios (exchanges) on Friday, and it was awesome!!


(Editor's note: there are Sister Missionaries who help lead and train the newer Sister Missionaries. They visit the Sisters in their different areas and teach with them and give them effective teaching tips and ideas.)


My trainer and I have been running out of ideas of what we could do to help and teach and the Hermanas helped a ton. The next day, mi comp y yo (my companion and I) were determined to put into action what we learned and decided to literally talk to everyone, not just a hola, but a conversation.


We talked to 76 people, taught 3 lessons, invited 3 people to be baptized and 2 SAID YES!!! They wouldn't commit to a date, but they promised to read, study and pray! We also have 11 new investigators.


With all the hard work and going out of our comfort zones, I testify that the Lord does work miracles in you. but in order to do so, you have to act and not be acted upon. There is a great talk by Elder Bednar entitled, "Ask in Faith." (General Conference, April 2008).


I have learned a lot this week about talking to people and leading a normal broke Spanish conversation into a Gospel teaching discussion without them saying, "I'm already evangelico, bye," I have also learned a lot about how much we need the members to function.


So.....your homework for this week: GO HUG THE MISSIONARIES (if you can) or give them a handshake. Thank them for all they do and ask when you can go out and teach with them. We need the members to come and teach with us! Without the members, our investigators and converts will have a hard time adjusting to church and Mormon life without a true friend.


Missionaries are full-time teachers, you and I are full-time finders. Invite everyone to talk to the missionaries, or invite them to activities. You will never know what will happen unless you ACT.


We were created to be agents unto ourselves. Merely praying for help and waiting is not enough. We need to pray, as Joseph Smith, with a determination to ACT.


I hope you all have a wonderful week! Pictures next week! I love you all and thank you for your prayers. I can feel the help. Mom, Dad, Kyle, Jake, Russell, Joey and everyone else! I love  you so much and not a day goes by that I don't think of you! Be strong and ACT!

No comments:

Post a Comment