Monday, June 12, 2017

And So it Begins...

hola familia! 



This is soooo crazy! I cannot believe that this is the last email I will be sending out to you guys...

3 days and then I’ll be in the temple in Santiago.

4 and I’ll be with you!!!

Haha I had my last interview with Presidente just this afternoon. He asked me how I feel. I told him frustrated. I feel frustrated.

Part of me wants to go home.

A bigger part doesn’t. He told me to listen to the part that wants to go home. :)

It was a good interview. He told me to be selective with the types of guys that I choose to date and to have fun and enjoy life.

The only thing that changes is the calling and the area, but when I received my call to be a missionary it was for life, not for 18 meses. Just as when Christ called His apostles. It was for life.

The mission has been the best experience for my life. It has been hard and trying but I am sooo grateful for every moment. I love Chile and the people here . I love my Padre Celestial. I know that He lives and that His love for each of us is eternal.

Everyone should go on a mission. It is amazing. haha oh and I just found out that as a woman, I can go out on a mission again... sooooo :)  I’m still young. I still got time. My eggs haven’t died yet. Maybe I’ll serve another mission. I think I’m going to follow the example of Alma and go home to rest for a few days or year and then go back out ;) 

I know that this church is true. I know that Jesus is the Christ and that His Atonement is pure and wonderful. I have participated in His healing and His forgiveness. It is amazing. 

I love you all and cannot wait to see you in a few! 


p.s. I still want a mariachi band at the airport!


p.p.s. For anyone in town (or out of town) I will be speaking at my church this Sunday, June 18 (Father's day) about my experiences as a missionary in Chile at 1:00 p.m. I'd love for you to come if you can.

29441 Altisima, Rancho Santa Margarita CA 92688

No comments:

Post a Comment